Design Award Series – Webinar 4 | Thursday, 17 November, 2022 | Henriquez Partners Architects | Live @ 1:00 – 2:00 pm (EDT)
Provider Name: AIA Canada Society
Provider Number: 100100113
Course Number: 2022AIACS004
This course is a presentation of the two award winning projects of the AIA Canada Design Awards 2021. Project 1: The Central Presbyterian Church (CPC) redevelopment is the result of a unique partnership between Henriquez Partners architects and the project’s clients: a church that has served Vancouver’s West End for over 90 years and a collaborative Vancouver developer. Project 2: Mirvish Village project marks a shift in Toronto city-building with a development model featuring affordable rental housing, generous public spaces, and vibrant micro-retail.
(1) To learn the role of the architect as a pivotal facilitator, helping to craft unique deals that lead to meaningful projects.
(2) To learn the importance of building trust and embracing risk to achieve award-winning design.
(3) Nurturing opportunities for a true integration of art within architecture.
(4) To learn the value of collaboration in enriching mutual goals, increasing public amenity contributions, and strengthening design.
(5) To Learn about the vital role of public consultation in shaping successful community building and achieving rezoning goals.
(6) To learn about the approaches to thoughtfully integrating large mixed-use developments into low-density, historic neighbourhoods.
(7) Going beyond environmental considerations to achieve holistic sustainability.
(8) To understand re-introducing an element of analog into the design process of complex projects.
About the Presentation:
Shawn Lapointe, Principal at Henriquez, will present the Central Presbyterian Church.
Dallas Hong, Director of Architecture at Henriquez, will present Mirvish Village.
This course is registered for 1 AIA learning unit.